Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Humpback Wednesday - Where The Hell Is Tesla? by Rob Dircks



Humpback Wednesday
By Robert Dircks
Performed/Narrated by Robert Dircks
5 hours and 4 minutes
Genre: Contemporary, Fantasy, Sci-fi
Unabridged Audio
4.10 stars on Audible
My rating on Audible is 5.0 stars - However, if I could give 6 stars I would!!!!


Book Blurb from Audible

Publisher's Summary

Sci-fi odyssey. Comedy. Love story. And of course... Nikola tesla.
I'll let Chip, the main character, tell you more: "I found the journal at work. Well, I don't know if you'd call it work, but that's where I found it. It's the lost journal of Nikola Tesla, one of the greatest inventors and visionaries ever. Before he died in 1943, he kept a notebook filled with spectacular claims and outrageous plans. One of these plans was for an "interdimensional transfer apparatus" - that allowed someone (in this case me and my friend Pete) to travel to other versions of the infinite possibilities around us. Crazy, right? But that's just where the crazy starts."
Chip's official disclaimer: This is a work of fiction: the events depicted in the collection of emails did not happen. I have never been in contact with a covert government group attempting to suppress knowledge of the lost journal of Nikola Tesla. I have not been threatened with death if I divulge the secrets contained inside. They did not buy me this handsome jacket (oh crap, you're listening to this - trust me, it looks great on me). They did not come to my place, and liquor me up, and offer to publish this book as a sci-fi comedy novel to throw the public off the trail of the real truth.
Or did they?
I'm kidding. Of course they didn't.
Or did they?
God, I can't keep my big mouth shut.

©2015 Rob Dircks (P)2015 Rob Dircks

My Review on Audible and other sites
So, what if you found a book and had the opportunity to meet one of history's great inventors? Would you take that chance of finding him? Or finding the machine called the interdimensional transfer apparatus (Always written in caps in the book, Chip thinks 'What is that all about' ) mentioned in that journal? Well, that is what the character in Rob Dircks book "Where the Hell is Tesla?" sets out to do. 
Chip is a security guard that is bored and really does not want to be standing around or even walking around the area he is keeping safe. Chip ask an Agent at the facility if there is a desk and chair he can have to put in his area. Taking him to a room so large filled with 1000's of desk from a by-gone era. Those huge metal desk one on top of the other. Chip starts looking for that perfect desk with as little beating to it and all. Chip drags this desk back to his area along with a chair. Even though he has nothing to put in it, he begins to open the drawers. When one does not open up he gets frustrated. Well, he is just not going to look for another one. But, he finally gets the drawer open and finds a book. A book, journal by Nikola Tesla. 
Reading the journal he becomes intrigued at what he has discovers in it and calls his friend Pete. Talking his friend Pete to go to a hotel where this device is suppose to be. Oh, let's back up a bit, talks his friend Pete into paying for the opportunity to stay a night in the Tesla Room for $725 a night. Really! Well, Pete is the one with a credit card and a real job. So now the real fun begins...
So my take on this book was by far the most amusing, funniest and laugh out loud audio books I have ever listened to. Yes, I have listen to books that I will have a laugh out loud a time or two through out the book. With this book I put in the headphones and went onto cutting my grass. Good thing for the loud noise of the lawnmower since I found myself bursting out with a laugh or OMG this is so good. Robert Dircks couldn't have picked no one better than himself to narrate this book. Though I do have one other narrator/performer that could have done the task as equally well. However, Robert has what I see as his heart into a story that he gave birth to and who better than himself was able to bring the characters to life as he feels each needed to be portrayed. To bring them to the funny gathering of characters. Chip and Pete best friends through thick and thin throughout the book bring to their team a little alien guy they names Bo Bo. The comic relief that they put this poor creature thru and the attachment he has to them bring this story full circle. 
My favorite parts where whatever the titles were for each chapter also, became the RE: in the emails he is sending his girlfriend if they do not make it out. Also, the Abbott and Costello routine, WHO! I was so upbeat when I finished this book provided by the author for an honest review. I had to shoot him an email to tell him this was the funniest book I ever listen to! 
What I did not mention was that if I could give this book 6 stars I would. Purely on the comic relief through out this entire story. Two thumbs up and whatever Bo Bo would be holding up Mr. Dircks!
Do yourself a favor a short 5+ hour book! One day listen. If you are in the worst mood by the time you finish getting caught up in laughing your way thru this book. You will forget what you were so grumpy about.
This book was as stated provided by the author for an honest review. All comments are solely mine and in no way effect by others. Please leave comments, good or bad. I would love to hear from you all!

Where you can find Robert Dircks
AND 
Where you can find ME! 


Please comment below! Go to the left side of the page and follow my blog,
So you don't miss the My Tweets on Twitter
Facebook Group join today!GooglePlus+ (NEW)
Goodreads profileAudible profile for new reviews and 
Audiobook Reviewer under Joan Pavlick!

Want to see something added to my format - send me a message to 
sapphirereader25@gmail.com

Have a Great Week and Happy Listening
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment