Followers

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

HUMPBACK WEDNESDAY - Descendants by

  • HUMPBACK WEDNESDAY REVIEW



Audio Performer: Jonathan Davis

9 hours and 12 mins
Contemporary Fiction



BOOK BLURB FROM AUDIBLE

Publisher's Summary

Now a major motion picture starring George Clooney!
Matthew King was once considered one of the most fortunate men in Hawaii. His missionary ancestors who came to the islands were financially and culturally progressive - one even married a Hawaiian princess, making Matt a royal descendant and one of the state’s largest landowners. But now his luck has changed. His two daughters are out of control - 10-year-old Scottie has a smart-ass attitude and a desperate need for attention and 17-year-old Alex, a former model, is a recovering drug addict. His thrill-seeking and high-maintenance wife, Joanie, lies in a coma after a boat racing accident, and will soon be taken off life support.
The King family can hardly picture life without their charismatic mother, but as they come to terms with this tragedy, their sadness is mixed with a sense of freedom that shames them - and spurs them into surprising actions.
©2007 Kaui Hart Hemmings. All rights reserved. (P)2010 BBC America Audiobooks



MY ORIGINAL THOUGHTS ON AUDIBLE 10/15/12


Where does The Descendants rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
Well compare to the other books I have listen to this ranks right up there at the top. It matched up to the same flow as when I watched the movie. The mood of each character was brought to life and everyone once in awhile brought a smile to my face.


What does Jonathan Davis bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
He really did a great flow of reading the book. I could actually hear the voice of George Clooney as he read his lines! Kudos I look forward to here other books that he has narrated.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:
When I first began listening to this book I felt that it was slow moving in the beginning. Just like the movie and felt is this going anywhere and thought to myself stick to it. I am glad that I did. The story did have a nice flow. It was a book that made each character really become aware of each other's feelings in ways they did not know existed. Discovering things they were afraid of exploring and being strong for the first time in their lives. The character that George Clooney played in the movie showed that heredity meant more than money unlike his family when they wanted to sell off thousand of acres of land to developers. They could not see past what it meant to be part of what he was trying to save for his daughters. Something I think will make the reader think of in their own personal life. This may be a book I will re-explore in the future if I didn't have so many books to listen to now. But, knowing I have it and it is there to listen to anytime.


Where to find Kaui Hart Hemmings



Where to listen to the other 350 books on Audible

performed by Jonathan Davis


AND

Where you can find ME! 

Please comment below! Go to the left side of the page and follow my blog,
So you don't miss the My Tweets on Twitter
Facebook Group join today!,
Goodreads profileAudible profile for new reviews and 
Audiobook Reviewer under Joan Pavlick!

Want to see something added to my format - send me a message to 
sapphirereader25@gmail.com

Have a Great Week and Happy Listening
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment