Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

HUMPBACK WEDNESDAY - TO LIGHT THE DRAGONS FIRE By Margaret Taylor

HUMPBACK WEDNESDAY REVIEW
BY Margaret Taylor
Performed by Fred Wolinsky
7 hours and 17 mins
Romance Fantasy
4.10 stars on Audible
My Rating of the book 4.70 stars


Book Blurb from Audible

Publisher's Summary

Independent and feisty Terra Heegan is on the verge of sacrificing everything to save her family's struggling trucking company. But, she wants one last hoorah before settling into a loveless marriage. With her sister, Lanni, Terra takes a trip into the Mountains of Wyoming to explore one of the few places left on Earth where adrenaline and wit are the only things that can keep her out of trouble...
Everything is in place. The pieces have all been set and all Evil needs is one last ingredient to rule everything. The love of a human with fire-red hair and silvery eyes that will... Light The Dragon's Fire.
©2014 Margaret Taylor (P)2014 Margaret Taylor

My Review posted to Audible and other sites

"Non-stop Dragon's ride for sure!"
Overall
Performance
Story
To Light The Dragon's Fire: Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! By Margaret Taylor. Narrated by Fred Wolinsky.

Oh my, is how I felt Margaret Taylor has written the beginnings of a fantastic series. A lot was packed into this slightly 7+ hour audiobook. I fell in love with every character from the good guys to the bad guys. Even though I routed for the good guys all the way thru the book.

So let me get started here! The beginning is a great place! Twin sisters out on a last adventure hiking the mountains of Wyoming. That’s before one of them, Terra is going to be married in a few days to a man she really is not that in love with. Then why get married? Well, for Tara it is was a way to save her dad’s dying company. The other is Lanni her sister who feels that she is past the age for any true romance. Well, the girls enter a cave finding themselves falling down thru the shifting sand in the tunnel.

Well, they certainly did find themselves in a whole different world for sure. Terra thought for sure it was a last minute fantasy gift that her sister bought her before she got married. Lanni told her no. The girls find that they were indeed thrown into an adventure that they were not too happy about at first. But, as it proceeded for one reason or another they could not help thinking that they seem to know they were supposed to be here. Meeting the King as they entered the strange world. How dare Terra be so drawn to the King Draven? King Draven in all words is one hot king! Well described. Though I did not feel that the cover truly portrayed him. Then Lanni found herself also falling for Aaron, Draven’s right hand man. Well, the girls soon find out they are not quite as human as they thought. Each man also are drawn to these girls. But, why? The girls find trouble constantly. First, with the bad man that needs these 2 girls! Why was it so important that he have both girls? Well, it is a fantasy filled with magic. This story is filled with a lot of fun, danger and not so fun characters that it all balances well for the story to work the way it does. This series is meant for ADULT reading. There are some spicy wording throughout the book with not sex scenes but the impromptu of wanting it by Draven and Aaron for the girls. So just be warned.

I did at one point find myself a tad confused when they use other names for the girls. Happened when Draven and Aaron spoke of the girls by these other names. But, I did finally catch on. So it was not a truly a deal breaker to stop listening to this audio.

I felt this book was a bit of Eragon, a dash of Deborah Harkness’s All Soul’s Series, and a dash of Terah Edun, Crown Series.

All I can say is that this other world is one fantasy I did not want to stop listening to. Knowing that this is the first in the series of books did not stop me from listening to this book! Not that I did not know that this was not a stand-alone book. I was not happy with the abrupt ending. I know there was some unhappy reviews to this fact. However, if they read the reviews they would have seen this. Don’t let this sway you from not reading this series. It is not like there is not another book readily available for you not to continue. It also is not like that oh she is describing a book I read already. No it has its own unique qualities that you will enjoy as much as I did. However, as far as the audio version there is only one so far. Though you can still dive into the next book! I just wish it ended a bit more fulfilling.

Now the narrator, Fred Wolinsky. His performance was first class. I felt the way he portrayed each characters voice was so believable. The girls were okay voices but it is no different if this was a female narrator doing male voices. The not so human characters he gave each of them amusing voices. I really hope that Fred continues the series of this book! Nothing is more disappointing when a new narrator starts a new book. Takes a bit to either to get use to or I just don’t finish listening to the series.

This audio was provided to me by the narrator and in no way was I influenced. The review above is solely my opinion of not only the book but the narration of it. I always welcome comments and if my review was helpful or not in you listening to this book please let me know.

Where you can find Margaret Taylor

The other 29 books that Fred Wolinsky performs in Audible and on Amazon

AND

Where you can find ME! 

Please comment below! Go to the left side of the page and follow my blog,
So you don't miss the My Tweets on Twitter
Facebook Group join today!,
Goodreads profileAudible profile for new reviews and 
Audiobook Reviewer under Joan Pavlick!

Want to see something added to my format - send me a message to 
sapphirereader25@gmail.com

Have a Great Week and Happy Listening
Joan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment